You can complain to us if you think a Tasmanian public authority has treated you unfairly or unreasonably.

Some public authorities and certain actions are outside the Ombudsman's jurisdiction so we can't take complaints about them, such as:

  • The Attorney-General, the Solicitor-General or the Director of Public Prosecutions
  • The Tasmanian Audit Office
  • Judges, associate judges, magistrates or courts
  • The actions of public authorities with respect to court proceedings in which they are involved
  • Actions taken by a tribunal or its members in the performance of its decision-making functions.

For interstate public authorities please contact the Ombudsman in your area.

If your complaint is not about a Tasmanian public authority, there may be other organisations who can help you.