Issues with your working conditions, pay or leave
The Fair Work Ombudsman can give you information and advice about your workplace rights and obligations.
Issues they deal with include:
- Ending employment
- Employee entitlements
- Awards and agreements
- Independent contractors
- Hours of work, breaks and rosters
- Penalty rates and allowances
You can find out a lot of information on their website, or give them a call them on 13 13 94.
The Fair Work Ombudsman website provides some self-service tools to assist you. These include:
- Pay and Conditions Tool to find pay rates, leave, notice and redundancy entitlements
- Free Online courses to help with having difficult conversations with your boss
- Templates and guides for record keeping and pay slips.
WorkSafe Tasmania is a division of the Department of Justice which focusses on improving workplace safety, health and return to work.
This is achieved by:
- investigating workplace incidents
- auditing workplaces for compliance with legislation
- promoting safer and healthier workplaces and practices through practical guidance and education
- promoting prompt and effective return to work through practical guidance and education
- processing occupational licences, and more.
WorkSafe Tasmania also has a strong relationship with the WorkCover Tasmania Board, helping the Board fulfil its statutory functions in injury management, work health and safety, and workers compensation.
WorkSafe can be contacted on 6166 4600 or 1300 366 322.