Who can I request information from?
You can request information from a public authority or a Minister. A public authority is defined in s5 of the Act as:
- an agency within the meaning of the State Service Act 2000;
- the Police Service;
- a local government council;
- a statutory authority;
- a body, whether corporate or unincorporate, that is established by or under an Act for a public purpose;
- a body whose members, or a majority of its members, are appointed by the Governor or a Minister of the Crown;
- a Government Business Enterprise within the meaning of the Government Business Enterprises Act 1995;
- a council-owned company: or
- a State-owned company.