Who can I request information from?

You can request information from a public authority or a Minister.  A public authority is defined in s5 of the Act as:

  • an agency within the meaning of the State Service Act 2000;
  • the Police Service;
  • a local government council;
  • a statutory authority;
  • a body, whether corporate or unincorporate, that is established by or under an Act for a public purpose;
  • a body whose members, or a majority of its members, are appointed by the Governor or a Minister of the Crown;
  • a Government Business Enterprise within the meaning of the Government Business Enterprises Act 1995;
  • a council-owned company: or
  • a State-owned company.