Right to Information Publications
The Ombudsman is required by s 49(1) of the RTI Act to issue and maintain Guidelines relating to certain aspects of the Act. He is also given power by s 49(1) to issue Guidelines on any matters which he considers necessary.
The Ombudsman has issued the following Guidelines under s 49(1) of the RTI Act -
- Guideline 1/2010 - Guideline in relation to review of decisions by the Ombudsman - Revised 1 November 2011 (pdf, 33.8 KB)
- Guideline 2/2010 - Guideline in relation to refusal of an application for assessed disclosure under the Right to Information Act 2009, s 20 - 1 July 2010 (pdf, 1.4 MB)
- Guideline 3/2010 - Guideline in relation to process of disclosing information under each type of information disclosure - Revised 19 August 2010 (pdf, 3.4 MB)
- Guideline 4/2010 - Guideline in relation to searching and locating information - Revised 24 January 2013 (pdf, 135.3 KB)
The Ombudsman has issued the following Guideline in relation to Charges for Information under the Right to Information Act 2009, being Guideline 1/2012.
The Ombudsman has issued a Guideline to assist agencies and applicants in distinguishing between information and a document - when requesting or assessing a request for access to information under the Right to Information Act 2009and the Personal Information Protection Act 2004.
- Guideline 1/2013 - Distinguishing between information and a document - 30 August 2013 (pdf, 125.6 KB)
Further Guidelines will be issued in due course.