There is a link to our online complaint form at the bottom of this page. Please do not click on this without reading this page.
We cannot deal with all types of complaint.
Do you have a complaint in any of the following categories? If so, we cannot help you and recommend that you take your complaint to the organisation mentioned. A link to that organisation is provided.
- Federal Government - Commonwealth Ombudsman, www.ombudsman.gov.au
- Banks/Financial institutions - Financial Ombudsman Service, www.fos.org.au
- Retailers/traders - Consumer Affairs, www.consumer.tas.gov.au
- Workplace Rights - Fair Work Ombudsman, www.fairwork.gov.au
- Telecommunications - Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, www.tio.com.au
- Tenants' Rights - Tenants' Union of Tasmania, www.tutas.org.au
- Legal Aid - Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania, www.legalaid.tas.gov.au
- Private Health Insurance - Private Health Insurance Ombudsman, www.phio.org.au
- Private legal rights (south) - Hobart Community Legal Service, www.hobartlegal.org.au
- Private legal rights (north) - Launceston Community Legal Centre, www.lclc.vpweb.com.au
- Private legal rights (north-west) - North West Community Legal Centre (email)
- Legal Practitioners - Legal Profession Board of Tasmania, www.lpbt.com.au
- Real estate agents - Property Agents Board, www.propertyagentsboard.com.au
- Trade or commerce - Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, www.accc.gov.au
- Supreme court - Supreme Court of Tasmania, www.supremecourt.tas.gov.au
- Magistrates court - Magistrates Court of Tasmania, www.magistratescourt.tas.gov.au
Go to Frequently asked questions for answers.
If you are unsure whether we can help you, please contact us.
To lodge a complaint form with us, use our online complaint form.
If you prefer, you can use our printable complaint form.